Yesterday was our first day back at work. There is still lots of chocolate and sweets around, so keeping to a diet at the moment is far to hard but our effort to get fitter is continuing.
Straight from work we went to the gym and had a good long hard swim. This was followed by a sauna and hot tub.
The major problem we are going to have is a lack of time, so we are going to make a real effort to schedule some time for the gym. Even if we are too tired for a weights or cardio session, then we will hit the pool and swim a few lengths.
I would also like to start running again, apart from the run on Tuesday and a few sessions on the treadmill at the gym I have done no running for over a year!
Caroline while not a runner is also willing to give this a go, so our new year resolutions so far are going to be:
- Start a running program. C25K would be a good starting program.
- Complete Weeks 1, 2 & 3 of the C25K Program by the end of January.
- Complete Weeks 4, 5 & 6 of the C25K Program by the end of February.
- Complete Weeks 7, 8 & 9 of the C25K Program by the end of March.
- Enter a 5 k race this summer.
- Go to the Gym at least twice a week
I’ll also start to think up some Photographic targets.
After getting home today we pulled on our running shoes and went out again for our second run of the week. This time it was cold and wet, but we went out anyway and really enjoyed it. Only 1.85 miles this time but still a good result.