Visiting a Camera Show really gets your GAS going. We all tell ourselves that its not the camera that takes the picture, that often a trip or training would be money better spent than more gear but new cameras are very difficult to resist.
Currently on my GAS list I have the following:
- Hasselblad V Series Portrait Lens (150mm)
- Hasselblad V Series Landscape Lens (40 or 50mm)
- New Compact (currently top of the list Fuji X100s but the Ricoh GR is up there)
- New SLR to replace my ageing D200’s (Second Hand D3 or D800)
- New Wide Carriage Pigment Printer
- Scanner for Medium and Large Format Film
- Large Format 300mm Telephoto Lens
- Jobo Temperature Controlled Development Tank
I was sure at the show there would be some offers and top of my list was the printer followed by the scanner, both purchases would end up saving me money.
I was fairly certain I would not find some of the more specialised items but I was also hopeful that there might be a cheap camera.
I stuck to my guns and got my top priority but I left feeling a little disappointed, I really wanted a shiny new camera and there was a fantastic offer on the Fuji X100s; its amazing how we justify our purchases.
Do you keep your GAS under control?