With all the adjustments available to us in modern software I decided to do an experiment with the above photo.
First I did a very minimal development. No lens correction, no noise correction, some sharpening and a slight adjustment for blown highlights and deep shadow, hardly surprising with the high contrast subject matter.
Then a tweak of extra clarity (+15 from what ever I set for the screen), then off to soft proof and print.
The second version was much more aggressive, full lens and perspective correction, heavy noise reduction and then a little slight grain added to make the noise reduction look more natural. A touch more sharpening then off to soft proof, again extra clarity for the print.
I now had two prints but which was best. Well time to ask a few people what they thought.
I’ll let you know the results tomorrow.