With the recent Adobe updates, I find I now have three copies of Photoshop on my laptop, which with its limited disk space, is an issue. You think you would get option to replace or keep both in case you have lots of plugins.
With Adobe CC we were promised regular updates instead of the traditional release cycle of eighteen to twenty four months, instead we seem to have had this big new version dumped on our machines.
A lot bloggers are commenting on this, some of the best comments I saw was from Scott Kelby on his blog. It turns out we have had a lot of updates but there has not been much of a song and a dance about them.
Lightroom – So what did we get in Lightroom V5?
Heres the gist straight from Adobe’s release notes:
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.5
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
- Fujifilm FinePix S1
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 S2
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Panasonic DMC-GH4
- Pentax 645Z
- Samsung NX3000
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.5
|Canon||Sigma 50m F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Canon||Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Canon||Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B0163|
|Fujifilm||Fujifilm Tele Conversion Lens TCL-X100|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR|
|Nikon||Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Nikon||Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Nikon||Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B016N|
|Nikon||Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD A011N|
|Pentax||Sigma 30mm F.14 DC HSM A013|
|Sigma||Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Sigma||Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Sony Alpha||Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha||Sony Alpha 28-75mm F2.8 SAM|
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom5.5
- Improved responsiveness in Develop module while Lightroom mobile sync is occurring.
- Custom Develop module default settings were not syncing correctly to Lightroom mobile.
- Initial rendition in Develop would sometimes appear posterized.
- Undo function failed and applied a preset instead.
- Scaling looked inaccurate when scaling to 200% in Windows.
- Manual slideshows sometimes did not advance to the next slide as expected.
- Aspect ratio changed when modifying the crop rectangle and when rotating the crop
- Image flips between portrait and landscape after switching orientation while shooting tethered with Leica S cameras.
- Fixed issue with Fujifilm X-T1 raw images appearing too bright at high ISO settings when using Dynamic Range 200% and 400%. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Preferences dialog, and (2) review images shot at ISO settings higher than 1600 for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed image quality issue (noisy result) when applying spot healing to floating-point (HDR) images.
- Fixed issue with reading lossless compressed Nikon raw files (NEF files) from the camera models listed below. Previously, some images could be read but would appear as random noise, whereas attempting to open others would result in an error dialog. You will need to purge your Camera Raw cache via the Preferences dialog.
- Nikon D1
- Nikon D1H
- Nikon D1X
- Nikon D2H
- Nikon D2Hs
- Nikon D2X
- Nikon D2Xs
- Nikon D100
- Nikon D200